Thursday 31 October 2013

Assigned Client Project - Nottingham Loves...

What is it that you think Nottingham Loves… and what do you love about Nottingham? There are many great things about the city and through this competition; you can share what you love with others.
This is the first client brief I have been assigned for the Young Creative Awards 2014.

When thinking about this brief and considering topics I could choose for why I or others love Nottingham I couldn't think of anything. I joked about Nottingham’s numerous flaws and issues I am aware of, having lived here for all 20 years of my life, but I couldn't think of one solid thing or reason I actually ‘loved’ it. I just do. It’s my home.
And there it was: ‘Home’. That was it. I might be cynical and negative about it sometimes, but I’m glad I live here and I don’t think I would have wanted to live anywhere else for those 20 years.
Nottingham is a large city with such a vast number of events, landmarks and history that I personally take for granted and don’t realize the sheer amount of things available.
Talking to others about the subject also brought up a similar mind set; joking about its problems and having that negative edge to their comments.
This started to push my idea and get the ball rolling.

My initial idea I came up with revolved around two things: ‘Home’ and ‘Variety’.
These two points are what I want to get across and try and give the idea that there’s so much available and taken for granted. At the end of the day it’s home and I’m always glad when I come back home. Back to the familiar and back to everything I know.

This drawing is the culmination of my first ideas coming together and refining my initial idea. The basics of it feature having the house clearly defined and the key focal point of the whole animation. From this however elements will pour forth symbolizing all the features of Nottingham.


2 comments:

  1. It would be awesome if you have a little car travel down that road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had lots of little ideas to add life to it and make it look much more active. With that in mind in my new post I've put up about my new idea which honestly I like a lot more, just for it having some story to go with it.

    ReplyDelete